OME-TAK16 - OME Tacoma Suspension lift kit
Old Man Emu offers a range of tuned and matched integrated suspension systems to ensure the right suspension is available to suit how the vehicle is outfitted and the conditions it will encounter.
Initial evaluation of the new 2016 Tacoma was that the vehicle provided a balanced, compliant ride that gave the OME engineers a good platform for developing a range of suspension solutions. Consideration was given to the front geometry to maximize the lift while maintaining optimal levels of droop, down travel and proper alignment.
This new generation of Tacoma has a different weight bias and total weight than the previous generation, so a full run of ride testing was undertaken to ensure the proper combination of solutions were found.
- Springs: Three spring options were chosen to cater for: No Bar, Bar or Winch only and Bar + Winch vehicle setups. As the suspension design is the same as the previous model Tacoma, existing coil part numbers could be used, noting some slight change in application. Factory geometry allowed for a 2-inch lift and while still maintain an adequate level of droop.
- Struts: An extensive development and tuning project was undertaken to correctly match the ride quality to the spring rate and resulted in 2 front strut options depending on spring selection. A front trim packer is also available for fine tuning front ride heights and correct for any left/ right lean.
- Great emphasis was placed on ride comfort, with and without a payload,
- Rear EL095R Springs provide approximately 2" of lift.
- For heavy applications a different leaf pack was designed. Part EL096R
- Shock Absorbers: The rear shock absorber has been developed and tuned with particular attention to controlling the vehicle both with and without payloads. Numerous iterations of valving were tested in order to determine the best possible spring and shock absorber combination based on potential payload scenarios. As a result the best possible configuration of ride comfort and vehicle control was achieved.
- Front Shocks- Choose from options:
- Front OME 90021 sport shocks - (softer valving)
- Front OME 90000 sport shocks - (firmer valving)
- Front coils: Choose from options:
- 887 coils - Stock with no weight
- 888 coils - with a bumper only or winch only
- 886 coils - with a bumper and winch
Add coilover assembly:
- Add assembly with new top mounts and bushings. We will assemble the coilovers for you so they are ready to bolt on. You will not need a spring compressor for install if you choose this option.
- Rear Lift - Choose Standard or Heavy
- Complete OME Dakar rear springs with bushings
- New longer u-bolts included.
- EL095R - Standard Dakar Leaf Pack
- EL096R - Heavy Dakar Leaf Pack - 300 Kgs/661 Lbs. Constant Load
- Also Includes:
- Rear OME Nitrocharger Sport 60091 shocks
- Trim spacer for the drivers side front coilover
- FK29 - Rear carrier bearing drop fit kit